South Carolina adds new sales tax rules
The South Carolina Infrastructure and Economic Development and Reform Act (Bill 3516) was enacted at the 122nd session of the South Carolina Legislature. This Bill includes the following major changes that will go into effect through January 1, 2019:
- Infrastructure Maintenance Fee (IMF) effective July 1, 2017
- Maximum sales tax increase effective July 1, 2017
- Increase in Registration Fees effective January 1, 2018
- Road Use Fees effective January 1, 2018
- Motor Carrier vehicle assessment fees effective January 1, 2019
Please be advised that the IMF goes into effect July 1, 2017, and impacts any vehicles transferred to and licensed in the State of South Carolina with a one-time $250 fee. For more information, visit www.scdmvonline.com.