Hurricane Irma resources for fleets
In the wake of Hurricane Irma, here are some resources to help you and your drivers navigate through it.
For emergencies or assistance, please contact LeasePlan at 800-323-6644.
- How to find fuel – LeasePlan is working with our fuel partner, WEX, to monitor station activity in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. This report from WEX shows stations that are able to provide fuel to your drivers. Column H refers to how long it's been since the last purchase at that location. We will continue to update the file as new data becomes available.
- Fuel authorizations limits – Our fuel partner, WEX, also advises fleets to check authorization profile limits to ensure they are high enough in case your drivers have to fuel multiple times in one day. If you need to check and/or change the limit, please contact your LeasePlan account manager.
- Driving in flooded areas – The National Weather Service advises not to drive in flooded roadways. Here's more information on flood safety.
- General road information – The Florida Department of Transportation has released traffic and emergency information for motorists in the path of the hurricane.
- Toll roads – Effective 12:01 am on Sept. 21, Florida toll collection has resumed Read more here.
- Glass provider information – Safelite has implemented its catastrophe plan in anticipation of the hurricane. Here are some additional details. Stores will be closed in the Miami, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tallahassee and Charleston markets as Safelite adheres to evacuation orders. In Atlanta and Birmingham, all locations are now open and ready to resume normal business hours.
- Emergency supplies – FEMA recommends keeping an emergency supply kit on hand at all times especially when the threat of a severe weather event arises. This is what the kit should include.
- Flooded vehicles – If your vehicle has been flooded, DO NOT attempt to start it. Here are some more tips on dealing with a flooded vehicle.
- Maintenance in Florida – Bridgestone/Firestone locations has supplied us with this list of locations and their open status.
- Rental vehicle availability – If you need a rental vehicle, please follow the normal process and call us at 800-323-6644. Here is some information on the availability through Enterprise.
LeasePlan would like to remind you and your drivers that we are open 24 hours per day to assist with your company's fleet needs. In the event of an emergency, please call us at 800-323-6644.